Google+ Badge

Saturday, April 20, 2013

April 21, 2013

Went food shopping yesterday. We spent $100 on one bag and a box with 20 yogurts in it. They were on sale 20 for $10. Good deal. I remembered how much we used to be able to buy for $100. A lot more than one bag. When I first married, back in dinosaur times, my food budget was $35 a week for the two of us and a toddler. Steak was 39 cents a pound and bread was 25 cents a loaf! Baby food jars, Gerber, were 10 cents each and the bigger ones were 14 cents. Funny what you remember.

Inflation! Everything has gone up in price. Food, clothes, housing, home heating fuels and utilities. The necessities of life. Not luxuries, although they have gone up too. The Government keeps spending our money on foreign stuff while folks here are starving. Families living in cars. It is a disgrace! We should be taking care of our own first, then look to giving foreign aid.

I am so glad they caught the Marathon bombers. They should revoke his citizenship first and immediately. Then ship him to Guantanamo with the rest of the terrorists. America took those two twerps in and this is how they repay us? He does not deserve to be a citizen of this country. There are too many radical religious groups available to youths. They get "brainwashed" to the group's way of thinking. This is not good. Youths need to learn to think for themselves and know the difference between right and wrong. It is not just Islamist Radicals but how about the Westboro Baptist "Church"/cult.

I think it would be nice if all the countries we have given money to just give it back! Yeah right! No country ever would do that today.

In the meantime, we just keep plodding along. We keep trying to make ends meet while one end keeps getting shorter! All my kids are grown now but 2 are still living here as they can't afford to go anywhere. This is so sad. I realized the other day, when I was their age I was married with 3 kids and we had our own apartment. It wasn't easy but we somehow managed to keep the wolves at bay. I hope the kids will be able to find a place for themselves soon. One is getting married in less than a month and the other is engaged.

Well, enough said today on all subjects but my knitting. I am using more of my cotton yarn to knit a sling bag for the Summer. Just winging it. Doing what feels right. Bright sherbet ice cream colors. Looks good so far. May take a photo of the in progress bag for you all to see tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment