Google+ Badge

Monday, July 15, 2013

The heat and humidity broke for a day! Today is hot and humid! I will sit in the ac and knit and crochet. Yes, I do both!
I think this style of booty will be called Monkeytoes! They work up fast and are so cute. I put picots on th girls and leave the boys plain.
I began designing this booty months ago. I found a similar one on Ravelry. Our stitch counts are different and I do not join at the end of round. I work in spiral crochet as I think it has a smoother look. Mine are also bigger for an older baby.

I have a 2 gallon zip bag filled with booties. All kinds. I think I will only do the Monkeytoes from now on though. My bibs are moving along too. Designing a larger one for adults and older children. Not ready yet. Who says dishcloth cotton is only for dishcloths is so wrong! I make bibs, booties and dresses for kids with it. I make purses and shopping bags for adults. Almost forgot the boy sweaters.

Think I'll make a few baby sweaters now. My old stand-bys. One is from a 1970 MonTricot and the other is a topdown cardi I made up back in the 1970s for my girls. Lace smock tops for girls seem to be back in style so I can make my 1970 one.

Once this heatwave breaks I will start sewing needlecases and project  bags. I think a few large tote bags too. Next year I will put an air conditioner in my studio. Just can't stand the heat!



No comments:

Post a Comment