Google+ Badge

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Fiber Festival

I enjoyed the Fiber Festival last Saturday.Beautiful day! Saw lots of yarn and fiber. Only bought 1 skein in a bright lime green and orange combo, a sweater pattern for the great grandkids and a double ended mini crochet hook for fixing stitches. Enjoyed looking at everything. Really wanted to find yarn that looked like parrots, macaws or toucans. Black with bright colors! No such luck! Dark natural colors or natural dyes. Washed out colors- pale. The few brights I found were not what I was looking for.

Finished my Kolk Pullover test knit. Like it but do not like the feel of the yarn I used. Very scratchy and dried my hands out. Berrocco Peruvia. Will not use it again.
Made in an A line shape with bell sleeves to match in a 3/4 length. Knit in 2 weeks. The orange-yellow was a sock yarn I had. The rusty brown is the Peruvia. Soaking it in Eucalan helped the scratchiness factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment